Watercolors, acrylics and collage by Susan Ashley, CWA
- Art Ark Gallery in San Jose featured 6 artworks of mine with a group show to preview Open studios. My work, Gratitude, was featured on the postcard to advertise. The show ran January 27 to April 2
- SFWA, San Francisco Women Artist Gallery I am a member and displayed 5 collage portraits on the Salon Art Wall, March 6 to April 1, 2016 at 647 Irving Street San Francisco
- SFWA, Scapes show, April 21 to June 4
- SFWA, New Perspectives juror, Courtney Strimple Colman, chose 2 watermedia artworks, May 10 to June 4, 2016
- Sun Gallery show of Endangered Species displayed 3 of my artworks at 1015 E Street, Hayward, April 21 to June 4
- SVOS, Silicon Valley Open Studios May 21 and May 22 at artist: Karen Wong’s home in Los Altos with 4 other artists.
- Filoli Flower Show May 5 to May 8. I was asked to participate in a flower arrangement for Mother’s Day Flower Show at Filoli. I do not know who recommended me but I was honored to participate.
- AOTC, Arts of the Covenant, Awakenings in Darkness and Light, a faith based group of artists showing at the Twin Pines Art Center in Menlo Park, May 19 to June 30
- WVPC, West Valley Presbyterian Church, I was a curator for a smaller selection of art from the Awakenings in Darkness and Light at 6191 Pollinger Road, Cupertino, August 14 to August 31
- SDMAAG, San Diego Museum of Art Artists Guild, Member Show was held in Balboa Park at Gallery 21, May 25 to June 5, 2016 My collage portrait, New Man About Town, was selected.
- Gallery Automatic at 521 Mountain View Avenue, Belmont King City special giclees of Ready DANCE and New Man About Townl for September 8 to September 24, 2016
- Sun Gallery People, Pets and Places This show featured Selfies and I had many visitors to see Mr. Patrick's Selfies. Which was a collage and mixed media piece about our mailman.
- Filoli Estate, The Garden of Hearts Delight, August 23 to October 23, 2016 was showing the 100 years of evolution of Silicon Valley from the Garden of Hearts Delight.
- SFWA Artist's Choice juror, Matt McKinley, October 4 - November 5, 2016
- Spaces is a business. I was asked to show at the Menlo Park address for 3 separate First Fridays in October, November and December
- Audubon Artists Member Show at the Salmagundi Art Center in New York with my collage of New Man About Town.
- National Association for Women Artists, online Sight for Sore Eyes, the chosen artwork, Travels with Sigmund Freud
- Renee Phillips of Manhattan Arts awarded my art for THE HEALING POWER of ART, for one year
- SFWA Nourish: November 8 to December 3
- Sun Gallery, room rented for my 20 plus artworks of Cut and Paste, which featured collage November 17 to December 18, 2016
- 17th International Collage Exhibition and Exchange, A group exhibit in the
Percy Thompson Gallery in New Zealand Online show from March to April 1.
- International Society of Experimental Artists virtual show online
from February to September.
- Sun Gallery "Troubled Waters Drought and Change" 3 artworks shown and for sale at 1505 E Street, Hayward, CA from April 22 to May 31
- The Troubled Waters show is later moved to the Hayward, City Hall, July through August.
- San Diego Museum of Art Artist's Guild, "Centennial" exhibit at the Gallery 21
in Balboa Park, San Diego, May 28 through June, 8
- Sun Gallery, "Transformations 2 Recycled and Upcycled," 1505 E. Street, Hayward
from June 18 through August. Reception July 11 from 1-4 pm,
6 artworks of Susan's in show
- Arts of the Covenant, "Visioning Hope, Art that Instills, Generates, Provokes" at the Connoisseur's Marketplace, July 18 and July 19 at 950 Santa Cruz Avenue, Menlo Park.
This is a faith-based group.
- National Association of Women Artists,"Summer Small Works Show"
at the n.a.w.a gallery, 80 Fifth Street, Ste. 1405, New York,
July 9 through July 31. Reception July 16 from 5 - 7.
- Manhattan Arts International Show of Bold Expressions
Award for Just A Woman, a self portrait of the artist, October 2015,
juror James Bacchi and Renee Philips.
- SVOS Saratoga Library exhibit on Saratoga Road, Saratoga for April
- Silicon Valley Open Studios, Main Street Cafe, Los Altos exhibit, March to April 26
- Santa Cruz Art League, All Mixed Up-Mixed Media, National Show July 11 to August 10, Juror Andrea Borsuk, Artist, Teacher, Curator
- Arts of the Covenant show "Outside the Lines", 900 Santa Cruz Avenue, Menlo Park, July 19-20
- Boundary Oak California Watercolor Association Show at the Golf Club in Walnut Creek from October 16 to December 16. Juror Dorcus Moulton who awarded my painting, "Jewels on the Vine" a third place award
- San Diego Museum of Art Artist's Guild exhibition, "Illuminations" at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts, Escola Road, Poway, November 1 to November 25. Juror, Alexandra Moctezuma
- LACDA, the digital exhibition curated by Rex Bruce; in Los Angeles, January 2013
- "Paintings, Paintings, Paintings" at Pacific Art League,
227 Forest Avenue, March 1-28, 2013; Juror Rachel Azo
- Art Quench Magazine, and On Purpose Magazine articles after winning the "Whimsical Expressions" award. Susan was featured online at www.artquenchgallery.com for 2013,a full year.
- Puke Ariki Museum in New Plymouth, New Zealand accepted a collage called Girl Talk, on April 3, 2013 with Dale Copeland, Curator
- Curator for West Valley Presbyterian Church, Cupertino for a Member Exhibition, January 28 to Febrauary 6
- "57 Degrees" an juried exhibit at the Thoreau Gallery, 1014 Torney Avenue, The Presidio, SF from February 2 to April 6
- Science Online Art Show, a power point presentation to 450 scientists at North Carolina State University, in Raleigh with 3 paintings in January 28
- "Secret Gardens" at Pacific Art League, Palo Alto, CA April 5 to April 28
- Silicon Valley Open Studios exhibit at Main Street Cafe, 138 Main, Los Altos, April 1 through April 27
- "Son Also Rises" Arts of the Covenant, Open Door Church in San Matio,
April 20-May24, 2011'
- "Serenity Show" with 5 paintings atUCSF Women's Health Center,
San Francisco April 13 to July 13, 2011
- "Serenity" 5 paintings at the Sutter Pacific Medial foundation,
2340 Clay Street, SF, July 14 to October 16, 2011
- Ongoing exhibit at West Valley Presbyterian Church, 6191 Bollinger Road,
- Silicon Valley Open Studios Special Exhibit at the San Jose Bridge Club,
Campbell, June 8 to September 6, 2011
- "Interpretations" at the Martin Luther King Library in San Jose,
July 10 to Ausgust 27, 2011
- "Celebrating 95 Years", the Studio Shop, 244 Primrose Drive, Burlingame,
September 5th - 30th
- "Light of the World" exhibition by Arts of the Covenant, at Sequoia Hospital,
170 The Alameda, Redwood City, August 2nd - September 30th
- "Red,White or Blue" Santa Clara Valley Exhibition juried by Claire Verbiest,
August 1st - 30th
- "Transitions" an online exhibition, Juror Bina Sarker Ellias, Founder, Editor of
International Gallerie Magazine Shown on the website: www.penandbrush.org
The Pen and Brush is located at 10 E. 10th Street,
New York, NY, June 3-August 31
- "Stations of the Cross", March 28-April 4, 2010 at the West Valley Presbyterian
Church, 6191 Bollinger Road, Cupertino, California. Susan was the curator
for this exhibition.
- Infusion Gallery in Los Angeles; group show with 4 paintings, February 1-25
- CWA 40th National Exhibition at the San Francisco Presidio, Juror,
John Salminen, March 18-May 24
- "Alchemy Show", Marin Museum of Contemporary Art, Novato, group show,
Juror Ruth Braunstein, Gallery Owner, June 30-July 5
- "Interpretations" Los Altos Library Exhibition, group show, July 2-August 14
- "Anything Goes". Palo Alto Art Center, 668 Ramona St., Palo Alto,
August 3th - 29th, 2009
- Open Studios at Art People Gallery, 50 Sutter St, Crocker Galleria, S.F.
October 23-25, 2009
- "Images of California" Kevin Milligan Gallery Hartz Road, Danville
October 13th - November 15th, 2010
- Philip Lahanes, Curator of the Oakland Museum, Juror SCVWS Member Show, "Linear Visions" October 17th - November 15th, 2009, at the
Rose Shenson Gallery on the grounds of the Triton Museum
- "Angels: Artists Imagine the Invisible" Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica,
October 29th - December 2nd, 2009
- "Angels: Artists Imagine the Invisible" moves to West Valley Presbyterian
Church, 6191 Bollinger Road, Cupertino, December 7- January 5, 2010
- Gregory Kate Gallery "Love" show, January
- ArtworkSF Gallery "On Your Mark" show, January
- Art People Gallery, 10 paintings, March 1-31, Crocker Galleria,
2nd level, San Francisco
- Art Object Gallery loft show, "The Look of Love", February 3rd - 10th
Award of Honorable Mention, Juror, Marian Permenter, director of
the SFMoMa Artist's Gallery
- California Watercolor Association show at Art Concepts, Walnut Creek,
November 4th - January 13th, 2007
- California Watercolor Association National Juried Exhibition, juror,
Carla O'Connor, SPONSORS AWARD, October 6th - December 2nd, 2007
- Missouri Watercolor Society 2006 Exhibition, April 9-May 20, 2006,
juror, Dean Mitchell
- Northwest Watercolor Society Open Exhibition, April, 2006, Arne Westerman,
juror Award at the Los Gatos Art Association Open Exhibition, 2006, juror,
Scott Shields, of the Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento
- 75th Annual Statewide Exhibition in Santa Cruz, May 28 to June 25, 2005,
juror, Kathleen Moodie, UC Santa Cruz
- Award September 23, 2005, at the Cupertino Jubilee Art Show with
the Fine Arts League of Cupertino Juried Show juror, Philip Lahanes,
Curator of the Oakland Museum
- California Watercolor Association National Exhibition,
410 Bush Street, San Francisco, June, 2004,
Juror Charles Reid
B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley
Signature Member of California Watercolor Association
Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society
The Pen and Brush, Inc., New York
Arts of the Covenant